my first disassembly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shinigami93, Sep 28, 2010.

  1. shinigami93

    shinigami93 New Member

    Sep 28, 2010
    Likes Received:
    - ok so i got this i pod touch for $20... great deal i say cause the screen wasnt cracked but it only had water damage in the backlight. i opened it up, accidently cracked the screen (no big deal) and got under the screen to find that it wasn't water. it was stickyish and smelled familiar. then i remembered it was a paste flux like the one i solder with. is that normal? and how would it get in there?
    - could it be from the battery?
    also the battery was very hot and idk if thats normal too.
    -i also accidently punctured the foil around the battery and wondered if it was gonna be a problem?

    i thought the flux came from the battery but it was completely dry

Share This Page