My Final Words.

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by iPoTH4CK3R, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To Whom it May Concern,

Let me start this letter by saying that I realize I am not the most well know, most prominent, most respected, etc. member on this forum, but please don't let that stop you from just hearing me out.

For such a long time, I have wanted to say what is in my mind, but until now I have not managed to put the words together to actually say it. Basically, there are problems with this site. And these are not problems in a technical way, but in a humanistic way. This site used to have such a bright glow about it, but over the past months I have began to notice this community just fall apart. Well known and highly respected members are leaving, and the reason, I've found, is due mostly to the same reasons of my own.

The members. The moderators. The Administrator.

There are problems that exist within each one of these groups. Let's start off with the members. While I know that I too have said and done some stupid things on this forum, the absolute disregard for responsibility and intelligence from nearly all of the newer members just absolutely amazes me. This site was once a community, a place where it seemed everyone could help or at least give you a positive response to anything you asked. Now however, people seem to find it more fitting to simply flame a member for mistakes, or simply post and post and post in order to raise a completely idiotic thing that we all know as post count. It seems to me that this community has lost site of what was once important, helping other people. Now most of you only care about what your post count is. To the members, I ask you to take a second look at what you consider important and to think more

Moving on to the moderators. Many, if not all, of the moderators on this site now seem to be plagued by the charecteristic of favoritism and a large ego. The first of which, favoritism, I have noticed greatly in the past year. Many of you moderators all will instantly ban or infract new users because of just that, they are new. Instead of helping them and pointing out in the rules exactly what they did or said that was wrong you instantly ban them and just say "Read the rules." However older members will be let off with much worse things. I've also noticed that some members in particular will never get infracted or banned for no matter what they do! This more than anything sickens me the most. Fair treatment is what all members should be given. The second issue I mentioned is the ego of many of the moderators. For some reason some of you put yourself up on a pedestal and fancy yourself as some kind of king of this site. Let me put it in the simplest way I can, you are no better than anyone else on this site. To the moderators, I ask you to take a second look at what you consider important and to think more.

Finally, the Administrator. Bgizzle seems like a great guy with really strong positive views and beliefs, but some of his practices I just have to disagree with. First of all is the censorship. I realize that this is a private site and what you dictate to be allowed is what will be allowed, but some threads are closed instantly just because it is believed it will start up a argument or flame war. What's wrong with a little constructive arguing every now and then? I say let the threads and the posters within fight their way to their own death. Eventually, after time most arguments can be talked out and the rivaling members can begin to see the argument from the other's point of view. The other thing that bothers me with you Bgizzle, is your lack to see what is really important on this site, the members. I have noticed time after time you asserting your authority and essentially saying whatever you want is what will be. I just don't agree with this view in any way. Of course I know this is your site, and that it is whatever you want, but I think you should listen more to your members. Without us iPTF would simply be some dead site that no one cares about somewhere in the depths of the internet. I don't know how to say this and not sound harsh, but WE made this site what it is, not you. To the Administrator, I ask you to take a second look at what you consider important and to think more

I thank anyone who has read up to this point and I can only hope now that this thread will not be censored or closed, and that you people will really take what I have said for what it's worth.

It's Been Fun,

iPoTH4CK3R
  2. robot9000

robot9000 Banned

Well said.
    Bout time someone said something.
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Personally, I think the problems began with the users. The moderators and bgizzle merely reacted to it, although they probably overreacted.

In any case, you'll probably get banned because you made a leaving thread...
  4. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well spoken iPoTH4CK3R, kudos to you.
  5. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i agree 100% with this. i read every word.

see ya.
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Such is life.
  7. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well said. Well written. I will miss you man, good luck in your future.
  8. robot9000

robot9000 Banned

A funny thing is though, spoonforknife made a leaving thread, look where he is...

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112487
    Thread is here if you care to read.
  9. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1) Bgizzle's site there for he can do whatever he wants, could turn the site pink if he wants (I don't suggest it)

2)Most new members deserve to get warnings remotely, know why? most of them are spammers, people too lazy to use the search button because they want answers quick and don't wanna to stay here they just want to fix there iPod/leech and come back when they have a new problem.

3)This site is filled with children more then ever now, which if your gonna stay here you just gotta just deal with it or leave/take a break.

Biggest problem is members (the immature ones/no life I'm bored ones), but other wise nice thoughts I suppose.
  10. noremorse93

noremorse93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Really well said...'bout time someone said something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.