My Entire Itunes Library was Erased

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vikboi28, Jun 7, 2010.

1. vikboi28

vikboi28 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay so I bought a 2nd Gen 16gb Ipod Touch exactly a year ago. Earlier this morning I had about 1,200 songs, 43 videos, ands 4 apps on my Ipod. But this afternoon I uploaded some songs from Liquid Swords & Ironman, and when it finished uploading I played the first track that was just imported and it wouldn’t play, a message popped up saying “It wasn’t able to save to my library,” I don’t remember exactly what it said.

So I closed Itunes and when I opened it back up everything in my Itunes library was gone, no songs, no videos, no pics, nothing. I restarted my computer, that didn’t work. I did a system restore, that didn’t work. It’s going to take a very long time to re-import all 1200+ songs, can somebody please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
    Jordan
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    first off check to see if the music is still where ever you had it stored(My Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music or an external drive) Most likely only the list that iTunes makes that has where your music is stored got corrupted of deleted some how. If all your music is missing from your hard drive it might be faster to just reload it from CD if thats how you have it.

if its all missing download Recuva(it free for personal use) from any clean source, its website or file hippo, and have it scan your hard drive for deleted files, depending if the referencing parts of the files or their meta data was destroyed/lost all the files will come up with random numbers as the file names, if its intact, have it restore them with there folder structure intact, this will make it much easier. If they are all random numbered, you can have itunes try to fix them but whenever I have tried doing that it usually fails.
  3. Kr3wsk8a

Kr3wsk8a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If they are still on your iPod get "SharePod" and rip them all off it and import them to iTunes.
  4. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if they are that will work, it kinda sounds like the ipod is blank too though, at least that what I thought since he didn't ask how to get the music back on the computer from the ipod.
  5. vikboi28

vikboi28 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No my Ipod still has everything on it, I didn't want to connect my Ipod to my computer because I wasn't sure if it would erase everything that's on my Ipod as well.
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^^To make sure it doesn't erase everything, make sure iTunes is uninstalled.

Whether its jailbroken or not, you can navigate to /media/iTunes_Control/Music (something like that) through iFunbox or Diskaid.

Only the media folder is unlocked, though. But thats where all of your music and videos are stored. They'll be encrypted though, but once in iTunes they'll be normal again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. vikboi28

vikboi28 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay problem fixed, thanks you guys.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The only things that I'm still missing are my videos, and pics. Everything is the same as before except for the play count for every song is at 0, and all the rating are gone too, but oh well that's not a big deal.
  8. vikboi28

vikboi28 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    EDIT

The problem isn't fixed! Every time I open my Itunes all of my songs are gone. I know how to get all of my songs back into my library, but what can I do to keep them there?