My Cydia Icon, Looks Like Another Apps Icon!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by hillibilly, Jun 20, 2009.

1. hillibilly

hillibilly New Member

So I just jail broke with redsnow, started up Cydia, installed Winterboard, and then BossPref. However, after respringing my Cydia icon(along with the other 2 Cydia Apps) is gone and is replaced with other icons. I have tried restarting my Ipod and respringing numerous times. Anybody got any suggestions on how to fix this?
  2. BILLAY

BILLAY New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try re-jailbreaking...
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Did you update to 3.0 or restore to 3.0. Updating can mess things up. It is recommended to do a fresh restore before jailbreaking.
  4. NyPhenom718

NyPhenom718 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You may also want to uninstall BossPref and install SBSettings (same maker, BossPref is no longer supported though).
  5. hillibilly

hillibilly New Member

I had updated to 3.0 and the jailbroke. So I'm guessing the best solution would be to downgrade to 2.X.X then just straight to the jailbreak 3.0?

Thanks for the help BTW.
  6. Jackedgco

Jackedgco New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I saw somewhere that winterboard causes this. If I remember correctly the solution was to download any theme for winterboard and then apply it. Hopefully this will fix it

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. jev

jev New Member

That's what fixed mine. My Cydia icon turned into the one from backgrounds and the terminal icon turned into stick it. After downloading and installing a theme, the icons reverted to normal.