My Cydia doesn't have a "make my life easier" button?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sethisamazing, Jul 1, 2010.

1. sethisamazing

sethisamazing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I've been thinking of upgrading to 4.0 on my IPT 3.1.3 (MC model, Spirit jailbroken) and I need to back up my SHSH blobs, but my Cydia app does not have the "Make My Life Easier" button, and it never has.

Anybody know where it went? Would it just be easier to use the alternative backup methods?
  2. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    The 2.5G MC touches don't need SHSH files if I remember right. There was a big deal a while ago that 2.5G touches could downgrade to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3 with the iPod 2,1_3.1.2 restore file.
  3. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't know about the previous poster but there is no need for that button. Cydia will automatically back up your SHSH blobs for you, just open cydia and either on the top or bottom of the main page it will say in green text that it has the blob backed up for you.

If it doesn't say in Cydia that it's already backed up then I advise you not to upgrade yet. There are PC/Mac programs that will back up the SHSH blob for you.
  4. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    8gb 3rd gen's don't get the button. Back up with AutoSHSH and it will be sent to Cydia that way.
  5. sethisamazing

sethisamazing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the help.