My Customize is Hidden!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by j2december, Jan 7, 2008.

1. j2december

j2december New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I accidentally hid my Customize app button in Customize app. Now I can't access it to turn off the hiding eye thing. Do i need to restore my iPod and redo everything? =/ And my install app is hidden too.. ahhh!
  2. Timeless_Melody

Timeless_Melody New Member

i posted this in another thread, cause someone had a similar problem:

if they are just hidden, and you have no way to unhide them (this happened to me yesterday), then do this (this is what i did)

- go on youtube, and search for ipodtouchmaster, and look for his "change icon order" video
    - figure out how to do it, should be easy once you watch the video, and then make sure your dock icons contain installer and customize (even if customize is not installed, you can install it via installer and it will show on the dock once installed)
    - with customize you will be able to hide/unhide all of your apps and be able to see and use them again
    hope this helps
  3. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    uhh ssh ito your ipod with putty and type the following:
    /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    When you are done press ctrl+c
  4. JiG*SaW

JiG*SaW New Member

No .. this just happened to me earlier today!
    You will need a program called putty to SSH into your Ipod.. it´s a command line program!
    After you run it and connect to your ipod , just type /Applications/Customize.app/Customize and you should see the Customize application running on your Ipot ! Just unhide it´s icon and then just hit CTRL + C on your Pc to quit the application!
    If the Icon doesn´t appear right way ,turn the ipot off and after you turn on it should be there!
  5. Timeless_Melody

LOL well thats an easier way i suppose
  6. j2december

j2december New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I will try that thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

Um what does this exactly do? I know how to do SSH and put the following address but I think ctrl + c is shortcut key for "Copy" ?
  7. j2december

j2december New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh um.. where do i get this program called putty? I use CuteFTP pro to SSH into my iPod? Am i talking about the wrong thing here?
  8. JiG*SaW

JiG*SaW New Member

The CTRL + C on the putty application is a way to go back to Home (quitting the application) , just like pressing the Button Home on your Ipod!
  9. Timeless_Melody

if you can access installer, you can install terminalV, and type the same, it works just as good, ive tried it now
  10. Timeless_Melody

hmm, my post about terminalv, i managed to access installer through it, but i cant find how to get out of customize, the home button doesn't do anything. i had to turn my ipod off and on. is there an easier way, does anybody know?