my boot loading speed has been slowed down...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dazo, Apr 30, 2010.

1. dazo

dazo New Member

my ipod touch 3g 32gb is jailbroken with blackra1n and was just working fine until one day i plugged my ipod to my comp in order to boot using blackra1n ( at the moment my comp was using lots of its cpu converting a video file into .mp4 so it could be played in my ipod touch) so my comp was really slow atm, and somehow while booting my ipod using blackra1n it was noticeable that the boot speed has slowed down...it usually took few second to load up but now its around a minute or so..
    is it possible that the speed of my comp has affected my boot loading speed??
    anyone had problems like this?? if so help me to solve such a problem...

p.s i dont want to downgrade or restore.. since i dont have shsh blob saved. i also tried killing all other processes using sbsetting.
  2. Toink

Toink New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hello, from my point of view there shouldn't be any connection in between your computer speed and the boot loading speed.. however, try again when you're done converting... i maybe wrong..
  3. dazo

dazo New Member

i have been rebooting my ipod many times... after all the converting.. doesnt work.. i guess i got to restore it.. damn
  4. Krunk_Kracker

Krunk_Kracker New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Are you saying it takes longer to boot with blackra1n?

If so, I noticed that with mine yesterday. It generally takes around 30 seconds or so, but yesterday it took so long that I got bored waiting for it and went out and mowed the yard. I came back in at it had booted, but I know I waited for at least 5 minutes before leaving it.
  5. dazo

dazo New Member

ya mine usualy takes few seconds when booting up with blackra1n but today morning i dont know if its due to high usage of my comp's cpu, anyway it took more than a minute to boot with blackra1n...and its slowing down...
  6. Azrael

Azrael New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    better get your blobs saved while it still works...
  7. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There aren't any 3.1.2 blobs anymore.
  8. jered6323

jered6323 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wait, what? I didn't think blackra1n could jailbreak iPod touch 3g's?
  9. revision0

revision0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It can jailbreak them if they are running 3.1.2 with it being a tethered jailbreak. All the new ones sold/repaired come with 3.1.3 which is unjailbreakable (at least for few days wait here).
  10. Toink

Toink New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    before restoring, would you like to try redsn0w? thats the method i miss, i thought there was no hope but to restore, and after restoring i forgot to try redsn0w

Please Register or Log in to view images