My Battery draining fast ....Pls Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by lrg32shots, Mar 14, 2008.

1. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey Wattsup guys, I was wondering if anyone encountered my problem.
    Sometimes when turn my ipod off, my background pic will still be showing(Just really dim). So i'll reset my ipod and it'll be fine. But lately at nights my battery will be at 3/4 full then in the morning itll be at below 10%. I make sure that wi-fi is off, SSH is off, auto brightness is on, and that my ipod is off when i sleep. Ive had my 16gb touch for about a month (it was actually a new unit from apple because i got a defective one). Do you guys have any ideas.

PS
    I have a 16gb touch jailbroken to 1.1.2 since i got it.

Any help will be appreciative because it sucks having to charge my ipod every morning.
  2. chriscoyne

chriscoyne New Member

Power Problem

Ok. Obviously this problem your having is not right. Sounds like you will need to update your Touch to the latest version 1.1.4 from iTunes. This sucks because you need to re-jailbreak it after. But in the end you will like it better. Before you start. I would download Ziphone to do the break go to www,ziphone.org and click on the Blue Download Ziphone link. Do the download. Unzip the file. Zibri has made the page easier to use. But what I was going to recommend is ...use your Run/cmd prompt to get to the ziphone folder. so if you put on your desktop. type cd desktop.....the type cd ziphone ...then type ziphone -D (capitol D) Let this run. Do not have itunes on. This will clear your Touch of any previous breaks. Do not do anything till its over. Then connect to iTunes. Do the update so you have a clean 1.1.4 installed and activated. Then run the Ziphone break. I believe if you select advanced you can select JB and Activate. Let this run. Again turn off itunes before you start JB. Let it run.

After over...reconnect to itunes and sync. You will now have 1.1.4 JB with installer. First install community services..the BSD subsystem and the OpenSSH.

Turn off autobrightness this can cause crashes in Safari. You can install Services App to shut of SSH when not needed. Wifi can be left on.

You should then be OK. When you power off it should be Black and no dim wallpaper. Install Summerboard and adjust theme settings.

Chris

UPDATE Ziphone making fixes for iPod break wait till this release.
  3. blurx

blurx Member

Don't turn it off, just press the power button and it will go into auto-lock and it won't hinder your battery.
  4. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey Thanks for the advice guys.. I really tried to avoid updating just because I dont want to lose all my apps, but if thats the only way so be it... But you guys definitely think that my battery issue is because my touch is jailbroken and not just another defective ipod from apple?
  5. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If none of that works, it could be the battery from your iPod right now. Since whenever you send apple an iPod, they'll just send you a refurbished one. On my old refurbished video the battery died in about 2 months, and I had to replace after that.
  6. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ****UPDATE****

Whattsup guys,

So I decided to try other steps before i just restored and went to 1.1.4 (which now i probably will since ziphone 2.6 is out)
    I tried uninstalling stuff that i recently installed thru installer in the past few days. and my battery is running all good now. Wonder if one of these programs were somehow messing with my battery life somehow. anyways the programs i uninstalled were...

Cydia (I had to delete thru finder)
    Navizon
    puzzlemaniak
    butterfly
    yeti 3d
    pac 3d

....Let me know what you guys think..
  7. patriot forever

patriot forever New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i am having the same problem ,i have jailbreaked my ipod running 1.1.3 and when i charge my battrery and turn the ipod off for afew hours the battery just go down to less than 100%

i only installed 1 app and 3 games till now and having this problem

Books
    Chess
    Domino
    4Balls
  8. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't have the same battery drainage problem as you, but I have been experiencing the other thing, lately, where I lock my iPod, but my background image is still showing slightly, as well as the slider to unlock.

Does anyone know if this is actually normal? Usually I wouldn't worry, but I haven't been seeing it until recently. Does it have to do with the brightness? Since the only time I really see it is when I am on my bus, when I'm usually sitting to a window.

Just a thought?
  9. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That has happened to me maybe 2 or 3 times. I solved it by respringing.
  10. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah like i said i'd usually solve the dim background problem by just resetting my ipod, but ive been noticing that sometimes even that won't work. But respringing usually does the trick.

Please Register or Log in to view images