My audio is skipping and pausing!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pro2010, Dec 17, 2008.

1. pro2010

pro2010 New Member

At times my iPod will completely pause by itself. I'm thinking more as a sensor in the headphone jack that senses the headphone... It just seems like the connection of the headphones is being altered.

I'm thinking compressed air in the hole. Though, at times it skips multiple times in a row or just completely pauses. Though doubtfully I'm able to listen to a whole song without interruptions.

If I blow in the jack it stops working(tried it twice) only to work again when tried later. Audio would be playing just nothing is being heard. I doubt it's she headphones they work great on my macbook.

What are the components of headphone jacks that is probably interfering with the headphones?
  2. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    how old is it?
    If its relatively new and theirs NO WATER DAMAGE, take it to the apple store and they'll most likely replace it right then and there.
  3. pro2010

pro2010 New Member

thats exactly my problem!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I washed it on about October 11th, revived it a week later. It's playing flawlessly since then.Though a diminished battery life and a stuck home key. It's been working great.

So, I doubt this is to blame for the mishaps. And I bought it on October 20th of the previous year so regardless of washing it I'm simply looking for a quick fix. When you disconnect the headphone.. it pauses. That's seems to be my problem. Except it's pausing automatically.

In a slight chance it is my headphones, I'm just a little too far from my extra set. What a great thing to happen on a roadtrip isn't it?