My Apps Keep Moving!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lakerfanalways, Jan 1, 2010.

1. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Hi everyone. I have firmware 3.1.2 on my Ipod Touch 3rd Generation 32 gig..I put in the Five Icon Dock and whenever I sync my apps, the icons from the dock move to the screen, such as Cydia, it moves to the last page..its really weird..I even tried installing the six icon dock and it still does it
  2. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Probably because the new iTunes isn't compatible with it considering the new page arranger option, just move them back. It takes like, 5 seconds.
  3. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Oh so thats the issue you think..Ok I thought it was something I was doing..but its weird, my friend has Itunes 9 and his doesnt have this issue so thats why I thought it was something I was doing
  4. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    mine FiveIconDock doesnot move as well. Well I directly sync my apps n don't use homescreen on iTunes much so they don't move. But when changing homescreen icons in iTunes my last icon in FID does move to last page
  5. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    download a program from cydia called springback. before you go to sync run it and click restore. then sync with itunes. after your done open up spring jump again and tap the restore you just made. let it resrping and i think your icons will be back to normal
  6. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    What's weird is that I never even used the homescreen on itunes to change anything..it just changed it on its own
  7. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know the issue you are facing.

You problem is that when you sync itunes and your touch, the apps move around.

This happens, because you have itunes app sync set on you ipod.

There are 2 solutions:

1: connect you ipod, click on the ipod, and under the app tab, uncheck the application sync.

2: connect you ipod, click on the ipod, and under the app tab, arrange the icon orientation inside itunes. This way, all syncs will use the preset computer orientation (as it is doing now).

Hope this helps.
  8. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    If I uncheck the application sync, all the apps I have on my Ipod will be removed..I did try rearranging the apps on Itunes, but when I did that, Cydia still came out of the five dock and went on page 3 instead..thus making me have to move the apps back to the way I originally wanted them
  9. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It might be doing that because Cydia is not a native iPod application. What other applications do you have in your dock?
  10. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)

just what came with the Ipod..music, videos, safari, app store, and I added cydia