My apps automatically close, help needed!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 7thdayslumber, Nov 20, 2009.

1. 7thdayslumber

7thdayslumber New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hiya guys, I recently got my new iPod touch (64gb) and as soon as I upgraded to the latest firmware, my apps no longer work. As soon as I open one, it closes in a second. It's not jailbroken, I tried deleting and reinstalling but didn't work either. I don't know what to do, and I'd really like to avoid returning it. Anyway I'd really appreciate some help, thanks in advance.
  2. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try resetting your settings. settings/general/reset and then reset all settings. if this doesn't work you might have to restore
  3. Scott_T

Scott_T New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    7thdayslumber
    This sounds like a sync issue. Same thing happened to me and I know of a few others that had the same problem. Does this happen on all your apps or just the ones you downloaded from the iTunes store? If the latter (as I suspect) it is definitely a problem syncing. What happens is that your Touch failed to sync and deleted the actual program associated with your icon, but left the icon in place. You touch the icon, it flashes up instantly but just as quickly closes. If this is the case, and you're using a PC (I don't know if Macs have the same issue) it's probably a problem with syncserver.exe in the version of iTunes you're using (iTunes 9.something).

Check my other posts for a solution.
    Hope this helps, but if not update this thread with further details... your OS, iTunes version etc.
    OR - Go to your nearest Apple store and yell at them. They really deserve it given the quality of service we Touch users get (i.e. None at all)
  4. 7thdayslumber

7thdayslumber New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies guys, I decided to do a restore and everything is working perfectly again. Let's hope it stays that way

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. matrixsage

matrixsage New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    try this, if it closes, hit the sleep button at once, if it flashes white, that means your hold button is randomly activating for some reason. otherwise it could be to many process hoggers slowing your ipt and crashing to home