My Apple Store price matched Amazon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zagnut103, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Zagnut103

Zagnut103 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just got back from my local Apple store (Wayne, NJ). I had preordered a 32 from Amazon (at 288.99). I printed the order and went over to try my luck. They price matched the Amazon price without too much fuss. I now have a 32 in my hands. Yes, it ended up being more with tax but I don't care. I have it.

Muaahhahaha..

Please Register or Log in to view images

BTW.. not too much of a crowd. The whole process took about 20 mins.
  2. Immanuel

Immanuel New Member

What if I got my store to price match Amazon, in addition to getting 10% off by recycling a dead iPod Nano? Do you think they would do it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Zagnut103

Zagnut103 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All I can tell ya is try. Be really NICE about it. I didn't push at all. I basically told them I'd totally understand if they didn't do it.. especially considering my Amazon order wasn't even scheduled to ship until next week!

Also, I tried to call ahead and ask if they would do the price match but they wouldn't do anything over the phone. They told me to come on over and that usually they're pretty good about working with you.

So just go with a good attitude... can't hurt to ask right?? I don't know whether actually having a real printed pre-order helped...but it's likely.

Cheers