My Apple Store Experince

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by littleman18, May 1, 2008.

1. littleman18

littleman18 New Member

i have read threads about how they take your ipod touch if it was jail broken so i was in town n fort i would go in the apple store and see what they would say because if they tried taking mine of me i would right hook them

Please Register or Log in to view images

anywayz i went in flashing my ipod touch and i even went to the desk and said how come my ipods summerboard doesnt work

and the guy said whats summerboard

well i said i jailbroke my ipod touch and he said owwww thats illegal

i said so and walked out the stupid apple store prick aint got sh*t on me

2. chefsta

chefsta Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    congratulations on being a gangsta...

and they wouldnt have said that it was illegal cus thats untrue you can do what you want with it if you payed for it, all that happens is you lose your warranty.
    But good try i guess.

3. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

Ummm, ok.

I work at the Apple Store, and we get jailbreaked iPods and iPhones all the time.

If somebody comes for service and repair with a jailbroken iPod or iPhone, we just refuse them service and tell them their warranty is null and void.

Under our store policy, we are not allowed to confiscate people's iPods or iPhones, we are not the police.
  4. littleman18

littleman18 New Member

well thats wat happened
  5. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    He isn't denying that you did that. He just told that
  6. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

Well, I believe what happened to you, but I don't believe other "stories" of iPods being confiscated.

Again, we're not the police.
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Heres a funny and 100% TRUE story. One of my many apple store experiences. I know i posted this before. But its still funny.

I went to an apple store once with my ipod and asked them why the ones on display didn't look like mine. The employee replied what do you mean? So i showed him mine see what i mean. It had the blue neon theme on it and a bunch of apps. He asked me if i jailbroke it and toled me that it voided my warranty. I was like whats a jailbreak? It was like this out of the box. I turned it on and was confused because it didn't look like the one i played with here on display. The guy said Oh Ok and looked over at who i guess was his manager. Who then walked over and asked if he could help me with anything. I repeated what i said to the other guy and he quickly responded we cant return that because the warranty was void. I replied why would I want to return it this thing is so much better than the ones on display? I just want to know why the other ones didn't come like this. They kind of just stood there for a minute and the manager said theres no way that came like that. I said there is and it did in a firm voice. He said maybe someone opened it and hacked it before it was sold to me and said he would look into it. He then asked if I would would like to exchange it for a new one. I said what the hell you just said I couldn't return it plus why would i do that this i way better than the ones you sell. He said he wanted to catch who was hacking ipods at his store and all he really needed was my serial number or a receipt and he could track down witch employee hacked it. I was like no you should give that guy a raise hes a freaking geniuses. I love this thing and I would have payed more if i new it had all this with it. Then i just left and told the manager he needs to hire more employees like the guy who did this to my ipod.

I love screwing with those guys! LOL! Its so easy.
  8. elg450

elg450 New Member

i buy a stolen ipod touch anyway !Ahahaha i dont give a dam about warranty

9. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well if only I lived near an Apple store the employees would get to know me very well...
  10. HanMan5000

HanMan5000 Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Heh, think you can get your hands on a 16GB iPhone for meh?