My Apple exchange experience!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oadam11, Sep 20, 2010.

1. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I went to the apple store today to exchange my ipod touch due to the fact that it had the light leak issue.

I got there early. My genuis bar appointment started on time. I told him about the problem. I told him my ipod touch had a defect and it had a light leak. He said that thats not really a defect. He then did some stuff with the computer. He then went into the back to get the new touch. It took him a while. He went back and forth and then left the genius bar to get a new ipod touch. He want to give me a brand new one rather than a serviced. That was nice of him. He finally got back with a new ipod touch. He entered some stuff on the computer. I asked him about what if the new one had the problem. He first said "then come back and exchange it". He then told me to open it so we can check it for the light leak. I checked it a did not see a light leak. Of course, there was no good dark spot and at the apple store, I did not see the light leak. I dont know how he saw the light leak to begin with. He said that this new one had the light leak, but it was not as bad. I did have him exchange it because It was getting dark and I needed to get home. He gave me the new one with a receipt and I was on my way.

After I got home, I checked for the light leak. Unfortunately it is actually worse. I Know he (the genius bar guy) said it was better, but I dont blame with because it was not darker enough for him to notice.

At first he did not seem that nice to me, but he seemed nicer as time went by.

It took 30 minutes for me to walk out of the store with the new ipod touch. Longer than I expected, but not that bad. He said it took longer because the Ipod touch's are new.

I hope this helped anyone who wanted to know.
  2. KiNGMONiR

KiNGMONiR New Member

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah it's tricky when you want to exchange your new iPod for another one. The chances of getting another one with more defects are a bit high. :/
    I'm receiving mine tomorrow (hopefully). I've made the decision to live with it if I find light leakage. If it was anything else, then I'm exchanging.
  3. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    my suggestion would be to exchange it if you have the light leak. You paid a lot of money for it and it should not have this problem. They won't give you a problem if you go and exchange it.
  4. KiNGMONiR

KiNGMONiR New Member

You're right. But let's assume I received a new one with even more problems. Seems like too much hassle to go and exchange it again

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Besides, light leakage is the least of the problems right now.
  5. mojoman0

mojoman0 New Member

maybe by the time I get my ipod from amazon it will be part of a batch that had these initial problems ironed out
  6. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hopefully
  7. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Light leak not a defect? Ha. If a product is not performing the way it should then its a defect.
  8. Relapse

Relapse Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I got mine with no problems, so I guess I'm part of that batch.

Please Register or Log in to view images