my Apple customer complaint - Listen ? :D

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raEEv3, Sep 9, 2008.

1. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Okay, i'm basically just going to write what im going to say at the genius bar when I go there on thursday..

Can I talk to your manager or boss that works here? (if there absent, can I talk to someone who's in a higher ranking?)

Hi,

Okay first of all... i'd just like to say, i'm pretty ticked off at what im getting out of these cheap apple products. I'm also pretty pissed off at the poor customer service here @ the genius bar, not the other employee's, just the genius bar.

So it's my 4th replacement for the apple iPhone.... going on my 5th.
    First of all I got a 8gb iPhone, there was something wrong with it. There was a dead pixel, and discorlation on the sleep button. No problem, problem fixed, service provider sent a replacement. Phone service was down, go to apple store, nothing done but to call your service provider for help. I found out it has a hairline scratch, I complain, and get a replacement, this time I get 16gb instead of a replacement 8gb. I got the 16gb last week in the mail. The sim tray is not alligned properly, light leak, and dead pixel.

Replaced a 2 days ago.. (today). I knew there was something wrong with it again. The vibrate button was hard to push.. but i'd thought i'd let that slip because..

1. I've been here too much times, and it wasn't big.
    2. I don't use the vibrate\ silent switch thing often...

So I took it home, thinking it was perfect.. and I will use it till who knows when.

Put on the anti glare screen protector from the apple store ($16) and then I notice those hairline scratch EVERYONE! has been complaining about (shows some websites)..

So there is NO way, i'm just going to sit here and get pushed around and not get another replacement, just because i'm 14. So I decided to take off the screen protector. Dust comes absorbing onto the screen protector. No biggy right? Apple.com says those screen protectors are re-usable by washing them, looks like brand new. Sure.. I wash them.... THERE ARE f***ING WATER MARKS ON IT NOW?!!!! I mean my other one I already used up on my friends iphone... Theres no way i'm buying another one..

I already bought a crystal film before and I asked for a refund at the applestore, and the lady said, we can't replace this product because we don't know if you opened it or not.. You could've put glue on it. (it's a lie, I just screwed up on the films lol)

Theres NO WAY! I'm buying another one!

And the worst thing about the customer service here is... I NEVER!! Gotten a "sorry" from these genius members here. I mean.... it takes me 45 minutes to come here... Who's going to say sorry for taking your time out to come to the apple store? Man, don't even talk about time... Your customers don't even say sorry that you owned a product that was defected. I came here 3 times already. I even came for my ipod touch..

And you guys just replace these like these are worthless. Whenever I got my product replaced, your genius bar representitives go straight ahead to the next customers. I mean I get it, it's a long list, you want to make it as fast as possible. But does your employees, EVER?! EVER!?!! Write down the defects? I mean is it just me or do you guys really like to replace these. Why not write these down, and send them to Cupterino, so they can improve. Holy sh*t. It's week 34 of my iphone. And there still hairline crack visible from week 28.

And one more thing i'd like to add... so it takes me 45 minutes or so to come to the applestore. I called ahead twice and asked if the replacement was here for my iphone, before I actually came to the appointment (because I don't want to make a second trip).. they tell me it's confidential.. To me.. that has bullsh*t written all over it. Like what are we going to do? Rob the apple store? Knowing there are valuables in the store? What.. is your security cheap? To me.. my first impression of this is.. GLOBAL WARMING. And it's written all over it.

So what you guys think? Think it will work? Everything is true but the.... crystal film. But I really don't want to buy another film set. Do you tihnk they'll give me another one? It's not made by them so.. I don't know...

My dad is coming, so hopefully that will have some impact.. He's a BIG BIG believer in, paying big for good products/ customer service... So.... hopefully they'll give us what we want.. obviously an replacement.. but I hope I get the screen protectors too srsly! I don't want to pay for another one, it's there fault I had to take it off -.-"

I'LL UPDATE YOU GUYS AND TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENS

Btw. Do you guys know if theres a boss/ manager there everyday?
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Too bad you haven't been satisfied with your Apple products. I own 3 iPods and the iPhone 3G. Happy to say, I have never had a problem with any of them.

My best advice to you is to be polite, but stern. Don't get angry, and things should go your way.
  3. elzzigB

elzzigB Banned

I don't see why any sends in Customer Compliants, nobody at the company actually cares.
  4. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

wow dude...
    be happy you have been through alot of products.
    how can you sit there n b*tch when you paid for ONE iPhone and got like 5?
    if yur so "unhappy" windows mobile?

Please Register or Log in to view images

freshhh
  5. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, the minute you start swearing they will just think you're some 14 year old brat.

Also, you need to have a contract to have an iPhone...and last time I checked you need to be 18 to have a contract (unless it's different in the US).

Also, you're 14. The reason Apple probably wont take this very seriously is probably because of that.
  6. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Lool, i'm not going to be swearing, don't worry.. I went a bit overboard on that.
    I'm more shy in person.. so i'm not going to be screaming and yelling..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Btw, you have to give back your damaged one for the exchange. I don't have 5 iPhones..
  7. cainy

cainy New Member

apples customer service has always been awful...dont think ive had an ipod that i aint had an issue with at some point, really dont know why i keep buying them lol
  8. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im missing something here how is apple customer service awful if they replace your device everytime you go in there that means they're good and they do send the defected iphones and ipods back to cupertino so they can find out whats wrong with them. if you got a crack on your iphone while having a case you have to give them information on the case name brand, where you bought it, how much it was, etc. they use there computers to give information on the defect to apple so they can be faster and not hold up the customer by writing everything down. If they replace it they're doing something you want by having a good customer service if you go to a different store were they so no we cant replace this because blah blah blah reason thats a bad customer service. so I dont get it how are they a bad customer service? explain it further.
  9. River

River New Member

If this is your FIFTH time getting a replacement, the Apple stars are not aligned for you. Buy a Smartphone.

I just find it really hard to believe this is the 5th time you've had an issue.
  10. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

i've had several replacements because of QC issues, but every time (except one) i have received absolutely stellar service. its okay to be firm in your convictions, but don't expect them to give you good service if your rude to them. unfortunately, being a 14-year old, they won't be inclined to take you very seriously. be articulate, calm, polite, and insistent, and you should receive good service. having your dad go with you or replace it for you isn't a bad idea. the unfortunate truth of the matter is that when you're a kid, you aren't always going to be taken seriously.

secondly, you really can't expect every iPhone to be perfect. these are extremely mass-produced products, there is just no way for them all to be perfect. it is statistically impossible. and the sad fact is that when you replace a unit for one issue, you run the risk of dealing with another. the 3G is being produced on a scale that far far outstrips the first gen. they don't inspect every unit. they're batch-checked, only a few out of a defined group are going to be QC'd. if they inspected every unit, the 3G wouldn't even be released yet, they still be inspecting them.

i remember how much it sucked to be a kid trying to get good service. often you are going to be pre-judged. that's just a fact of life. the important thing to remember when trying to get people to take care of you and give you what you want is to be well-spoken, presentable, and polite. don't be a punk.