My $50 Apple iPod Composite AV Cable broke. How do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by edocsil222, Aug 15, 2009.

1. edocsil222

edocsil222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know the problem comes from the USB portion of the cable because it won't connect properly to computers OR my wall adapter. XP doesn't notice it at all and Vista can't recognize it. It doesn't even show up in iTunes at all. It CAN connect to a TV, so it's gotta be the USB portion, right? Anyway, how do I fix it?
  2. ipodtouch is dabest

ipodtouch is dabest Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well u really dont need the usb part unless ur charging and watching a video at the same time. but try a different usb port and the Apple AC wall charger and see if it works. if it doesnt work then take it back to apple if u still have ur warranty
  3. edocsil222

edocsil222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't want to seem mean, but I put comuterS. Plural. Your different USB port method doesn't help. And I HAVE a wall adapter. It doesn't work with that either like I said in the thread. And where exactly do I take it back to Apple?
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can just snip the end, get another usb male port, strip all the wires, match up the colors, and heatshrink where the connections are. I do it all the time with different usb wires that have broken connections or something.
  5. ipodtouch is dabest

ipodtouch is dabest Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what do you mean "where exactly do I take it back to Apple?". just take it back to the Apple store and talk to an associate, they'll help you.
    ive done this before. it works just fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. edocsil222

edocsil222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Last night I tried that. I just cut one of them, stripped all the wires, and matched them to the AV cable based on color. I also connected the silver ground wiring on the outside. I made sure that none of the wires were touching but I got nothing
  7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

You should have just taken it back to Apple instead of voiding the product warranty.