My 4th Gen Macbook's keyboard layout is messed up now!

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Dr. Sonic, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Dr. Sonic

Dr. Sonic Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I was dumb enough to spill tea all over the keyboard now the keyboard's layout is messed up now and will this also mess up the keyboard if I transfer from my macbook to a new one?

I'm saying will this also transfer my messed up keyboard to my new macbook?
  2. lhamil64

lhamil64 Active Member

Device:
    HTC One X
    Are you asking if you get a new macbook, will the messed up keyboard layout transfer over? It depends. If it is a hardware problem, getting a new macbook will fix it (so will getting a new keyboard). If it's some software setting, it probably wont be transferred unless you somehow transfer all your system preferences.
  3. Dr. Sonic

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That is correct I messed it up by a liquid spill and I was thinking transferring my data to a new current Gen Macbooks and I don't want the layout messed up when I use the keyboard on my new macbook. I think I only messed up the keyboard's Circuit board
  4. lhamil64

lhamil64 Active Member

Device:
    HTC One X
    I think the layout problem was probably caused by the spill, so it won't transfer over to your new macbook since it's a hardware problem.
  5. Dr. Sonic

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Okay I just wanted to know if this would transfer over to a new macbook, and the layout is fixed now but I have lost some key like F, R, 4, alt (Caps needs to be on), H, and v keys I guess I really messed up the keyboard big time oh well.