My 4 problems with 2.2.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Noogums, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    YOU CAN'T DELETE PHOTOS!?! WTF IS THAT?! When you go into photo app you can't delete photos from it any more! WHY?!

and...

Safari used to save my preferences for certain websites. Like on google i switched the language and it used to always be that language every time i opened safari but now it wont even switch it after i click save prefrences. Also, i used to have it open in classic mode every time i went to google and now i have to switch that every time too and if i leave google and go back it goes to the safari enhanced. I know theres a cydia app that will make websites think its normal safari and not mobile but i shouldnt have to download that.

and...

My wifi seems extremely unreliable. Ill have 3 bars one minute sitting in my bed, then it will completely disconnect the next. Im never more than a couple feet away from my router and it never used to suck this much. It always used to stay on and have all 3 bars. Now itll drop down to 1 or just disconnect and it wont be able to find any networks when i go into settings and i have to keep turning it off and on untill it finds BOTH of my networks in my house. and they both have 3 bars.

and...

Safari just seems really unstable. Its always crashing on me when im trying to do simple things, like just read a large article with a couple pictures. Even iphone (or mobile safari) enhanced sites will crash constantly...

Any fixes for these problems? Or am i the only one who has them? I never had any of these problems in 1.4. I feel like restoring and re jailbreaking would fix it but thats a pain and frankly out of the question. No one likes doing that if its not completely necessary.
  2. ShadowKyd

ShadowKyd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For the wifi problem, try using the bossprefs wifi toggle.
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    umm first i believe the photos you sync from your computer you could never delete, those in your camera roll you could and still can.

just download it who cares? you shouldnt have to complain.

And maybe its your router?

and safari is much more stable now. just download the processes sbsetting plugin and delete processes in the background if you want it to run faster. you gave up some things for your third party app support, if you dont like it, downgrade. or create your own perfect firmware and see how simple that is. or even better, dont complain or dont use the ipod.