My 3rd Time Breaking the iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lensflare, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It seems the iPod is extremely prone to bricking--not permanently, but in the sense that they must be restored. So here's my latest story:

My iPod has been doing great since last time, when I ran into the same problem-- ScreenShot. Last time, I installed it, and it worked. Then I reinstalled it, and it froze my iPod to where it would constantly reset. When I restored, it had the same problem, even after everything was wiped. So I restored from scratch, and it worked.

This time, I installed Screenshot, it would run slowly, so I deleted it. After a few days, I reinstalled it (I didn't learn my lesson, apparently). Suddenly, my iPod goes back to what it does best; break. I have internet access on it still, but when I open an app, it is just a frozen picture of the startup, and I cannot do anything but return to the home screen.

I have putty, WinSCP, iPhone browser, and iBrickr. Is there anything I can do without restoring again? I don't want to put all 3 DVDs, 48 podcasts and 128 songs back on my iPod, then go through putting all 176 MB worth of GBA ROMs, 120 MB worth of pictures, 38 MB worth of themes, and then of course inputting all of my lost bookmarks, contacts, maps, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Lenz
  2. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    YES! I got into Installer, and somehow, it update itself! So then I was able to get into installer and uninstall Screenshot!

Problem solved!

Since no one commented or helped or anything, I would understand if the mods delete this thread.