My 3rd Gen is barely never off charge.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by UncleMario, Jan 9, 2010.

1. UncleMario

UncleMario New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't know why, but it feels like my 3rd gen is never off charge, or never stops saying, 20% of battery remaining. it's really annoying. i charge it for 2 hours. it says it's 100 percent full (i have numberic battery). i take it off charge then go sleep after. wake up 6 hours later and it's turn off completly again. i put it on charge for 2 hours again. 1 o'clock, 3 hours later, it's completely turned off again, telling me to recharge it's battery. i put it oncharge again, afterwards, i sit down and i play some music while surfing the net on it and 15 minutes later, it's saying 20% battery left. can someone help me, because it ain't fuuny anymore. i do have wifi on and push notifcations, but my old 1G last atleast a good 40 minutes, surfing, listening to some music till one block comes down on my battery level. HELP ME!! my electricity bill is so high from using my computer, that an free iphone contract is cheaper.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Let the battery die down completely and then charge it for like 6 hours straight. The battery may need to be conditioned.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Turn off bluetooth, wifi and turndown brightness. If that doesn't work get a replacement iPod.
  4. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Urm, that won't do much.

Let it run flat, and then re-charge it. This allows the iPod to Re-Calibrate its battery percentage, so to speak.
  5. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had this same problem with mine. I got it after xmas, and retuned it to Apple on the 2nd Jan. They replaced it, and I haven't had an issue with the new one...it may be worth returning it if the other options don't help.
  6. Blackened

Blackened Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This.. You should do this once a month or so to recalibrate your battery indicator.
  7. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    @Everyone, he said that the battery drains 100% off at night, so telling him to drain it is a waste of time.

@OP: Well seeing how its turning off on you, I have 2 questions:

1. Did you jb your ipod? If so you han have battery insensive processes running in the background.

2. Is the battery meter off the app store? usually apps will tell you 100% of full charge when your battery is 50% charge. Especially the battery free app on the istore.

Typically, as stated on apple.com (and I also realized it-I use to base my battery charge on the stupid app) your battery should take 4 hours to charge to 100%, 2.5 hours for 80%. Hope it helps.

I recommend, basing your ipod battery charge off apple battery icon (when the screen is locked). Don't remove it from the charger unless the batter is 100% charged (even if a slither is left uncharged, wait for that).

If you jb, resore and live 1 day without the jb. If it is the jb, then redo the jb, and carefully install your applications again. During the reinstall, note what apps causes battery death (install in groups of 5, if when a group of 5 app kills battery then do POE and find out the 1 bad app).

Also themes from jb can cause this.

If all fails, return via warrenty