my 360 issue, any advice?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by parak33t, Feb 13, 2008.

1. parak33t

parak33t New Member

Well...I got my xbox for christmas of 2006. Two days after christmas I was on my third xbox. But about a month ago my 360 became messed up. First my screen turned all shades of a cyan blue, everything was able to be made out but just really annoying. So I tried to restart my xbox, ut oh...when I turned it back on the screen was black with little white dots flying across the screen. Now the weird thing is that I can still hear the music starting up and people logging into xbox live. but no picture...do you guys have any advice for me? I would like to troubleshoot before I am forced to return to microsoft. First thing I am going to do is try another A/V cable, if that doesn't work do you guys have any other advice?
  2. itouchyoutwice

itouchyoutwice New Member

could it be your tv?
  3. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

Call microsoft by chance?
  4. iHomer

iHomer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If none of this works, and your warranty for your xbox is over, you can make the red lights happen. Microsoft covers the red lights for 3 years , but the xbox for I think 6 months. Google how to do it if you want.
  5. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

The 360 warranty is for like 2 years. because i have had my 360 for 1 years and i just sent it in for free.
  6. parak33t

parak33t New Member

Yeah, I wish it was the tv...I wish it was 2 years...I hope that an av cable works or else I gotta flippin pay 199.99 to repair it...
    Forgot to add I just called 1-800-4myxbox and they said my warranty ended...so I know its not...Darn I knew I shoulda bought an extended warrenty...
  7. iHomer

iHomer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You obviously didn't read my post. Give yourself the red rings on purpose so they will repair it for free. Google it.
  8. parak33t

parak33t New Member

I did read you post.........what do you think I want to just go and overheat my xbox when there could be an easy fix such as an a/v cable? If it comes down to nothing working I guess I have to resort that that but thats not going to be the first thing I do.
  9. iHomer

iHomer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats why I said if all else fails.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. parak33t

parak33t New Member

k lol I guess I have to...I brought it over a friends house and tried a new a/v cable and a different tv(obviously) andit didn't work. There is no way in *heck* that I will pay 199.99 for repairs when this issue was caused by overheating...See I did some research and found that the heatsink came unglued from the video chip, this was caused by overheating so it warped. So emailed microsoft and asked why this wasn't covered because it was still an issue with overheating...they didn't get back to me.
    Also a few times before the incident where it didn't happen I got the three red lights and I would restart and they would be gone. So I obviously had overheating and warping problems previous to it breaking