My 2G is dying...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by UFGators2000, Aug 3, 2009.

1. UFGators2000

UFGators2000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had my 2G for about 2 months, and today my screen started to slowly fade to white, and then sometimes it fades out completely. I've got about 20 apps or so, including Cydia and a very famous well known app that begins with an I. There, not a "rule breaker" anymore.

Luckily I bought it at Sam's Club, so I can exchange it no problem at all. I'm actually gonna upgrade to the 16GB 2G. My question is, what do I have to do to back up all my music AND apps, so when I get my new ipod, all I have to do is turn it on, and jailbreak it?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    If you bought your apps, just sync them and they will be on iTunes. You should be able to resync your songs to your new iPod touch as well, as you synced them from your iTunes library.
  3. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To backup itunes content, just plug in your ipod and right click on it and click backup.
    For jailbroken apps, those can only be restored on the same ipod is what i think, so you'll have to install those all over again. Note: Don't discuss the "i" app, cracked apps and piracy is against forum rules!
    When you get your new one, I think you'll have to set it up and then i'm not sure how it will sync.
  4. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Reported.
    Please edit your post.
  5. UFGators2000

UFGators2000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There ya go, buddy! Took an L out for ya! Have a good night! Thanks for your help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Now see, I wouldn't have been a dick if you would have NICELY explained it like carfreak. I only changed it cuz he told me nicely. You contributed nothing, thank you.