My 2g ipod touch shuts off in the middle of a song..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jmb1121, Oct 25, 2008.

1. jmb1121

jmb1121 New Member

I just had this ipod a days ago, at first it was all good... Im loving it, and downloaded all my favorite songs.. and all the apps. But today, i DRAINED the ipod since it is new, but when I wake up it wont open and it wont sync to the itunes... it's completely blank.. then after 3 hours of battle of trying to open it, it finally open, after a hard restore... I know nothing about ipod bec. this is my 1st.. when I was listening to the music after the hard restore, the ipod shuts down! dont know what to do!!! help!!!
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    charge it fully or do another restore
  3. jmb1121

jmb1121 New Member

been there, done that....

been there, done that.... charged it fully! and restored it as many times I cant remember! Im getting exhausted! It's still doing it, when Im listening to the music, it shuts off and goes to the apple screen many many times... and it wont open.. I have to press the on/off button and home at once... for it to restart.. sometimes, it just turns off and like a tv, there's horizontal images blinking and it wont go away....... HELP!!!!
  4. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So why dont you go back to your Apple store and explain what is happening and they will most likely exchange it.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Or if you don't live near an Apple Retail Store, call 1-800-MY-APPLE and they might send you a box that you can place your iPod touch in and send it off to Apple, to get a replacement.