My 2 sense about Ipod touch cases[Everyone Sould Read]

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dualcorex, Dec 4, 2007.

1. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

I know a lot of companies are releasing their cases now so many of you are wondering which ones to get. Many of you have decided to get cases like the dlo videoshell and the griffin iclear/reflect. Soem of you even buy those silicon peices of crap. However these type of cases dont protect the screen!!!! The screen is by far the most valuable part on the ipod that no one can afford to lose. But many of you are buying cases that protect only the back of the ipod . what is the point of that? Now i know they come with screen protectors but the companies meaning of "protectors" is only from scratches. What happens if you drop it on the screen? The screen "protector" wont help u there. Now i am not saying screen protectors are pointless. everyone should have one because there are times where it can get scratched. But if i were to recommend a case to buy you should buy ones that protect the screen. here are some examples:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elanconvertible
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=388479
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage... case&lp=7&type=product&cp=1&id=1190411436258

All around protection and they cost the same price. I have the dlo case and it works great. i have dropped it on what would be the screen but there was a nice piece of leather to prevent the scratches and possibly crackage. Not only does it protect the screen but it also protects the back and everything else.

There u go, my 2 cents
  2. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

personally i think all of those cases are kind of ugly.

the leather ruins the sleek futuristic look of the ipod.

people should just take better care of where they put their ipod, instead of putting it in a big bulky ugly leather wallet.

theres my two "sense"
  3. ben471

ben471 New Member

I definitely hear what you are saying but I have to agree with mark, those cases just aren't that attractive. Of all different styles of cases the leather are my least favorite.

It's kind of hard to have the screen land on something, unless there is an object sticking up and the iPod lands right on it. I mean all of the silicon cases, iSkin, reflect ect go all around the ipod, except the screen. So I can set my iPod on the table on it's screen but the screen isn't touching anything.

Just my thought.
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

I completely agree with you guys about the ugliness. However i care about protecting my $400 investment. I would rather have an ugly protected ipod than a nice sleek broken one.
  5. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

I think the best way to do it is have a slide in / out pouch case
    I use an iSock myself and have never had a single scratch on my entire ipod.
    Here are my suggestions for keeping the WHOLE THANG protected while still keeping its sexy futuristic look during use:

This ones got a neat little pull tab to get it out, otherwise, shake it as much as you want and the touch ain't going no where!
    http://store.apple-touch.com/content/accessories/4-132--2770.htm

For those who enjoy the original pouch that came with older ipods, PLUS ONLY 9 BUCKS!!!
    http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm

AND THE BEST ONE EVERRR!!! This one is so hot I'm considering buying one myself very soon to replace my iSocks
    http://www.beyzacases.com/cat_ipod_touch_cases_slimline.cfm

Please Register or Log in to view images

All of these cases allow you to use the touch the way iGod intended it, open and bare in your hand.
  6. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i hate having to take it out. with the flip one i can just flip(1sec) and put it back. i had a pouch case and i hated it. so freaking annoying to take it out. worst cases ever made.
  7. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I definately agree with you. I just use the invisible shield on the back of my iPod and the pouch that came with my 5.5Gen iPod, my touch is spotless.
  8. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

I couldn't agree more.

I'm bummed b/c I thew my house keys in my purse not realizing they went into the very same pocket I keep my Touch in. They were in there together for a couple of days before I noticed. At first I couldn't figure out how in the world my "scratch-resistant" screen got scratched, then I found the keys. I'm so pissed. I've been waiting for Belkin to release their leather folio which was supposed to be realeased a couple of weeks after the Touch was available. And now my screen in marred forever. CRAP!
  9. H3X

H3X New Member

The normal hard cases to protect the screen.

First of all, the actual case rises above the screen, so it is no the first thing hitting the ground

Second, the cases make the iPod more shock resistent.
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I hate the leather cases, as yes, as stated before, it ruins the look.
    I hate the silicone cases because they are damn ugly. Sure they're cheap, but UGLY!
    I like the Invisible Shield type cases though...