My 2 cents on the future, it makes sense!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pogoyoyo, Jan 29, 2010.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Before the iPod touch 3g came out, there were confirmed rumors that apple had ordered 5MP and 3MP camera's (saw it on digg), and everyone thought that the ipod touch would get a camera. Obviously it didn't, happen, but is it a possiblity, that with the new evidence that the iPad will support an external camera, that apple may allow iPod touch users to enjoy an external camera as well?
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    No get a mobile phone with a camera... Cameras arnt fcking important
  3. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^This.

I hosestly cannot see why anyone would want a camera on there iPod...every mobile phone has one anyway!
    I'd much rather have a digital radio built in, or a GPS transmitter so TomTom worked without a car kit.

Fair enough if the iPhone didnt have a camera, as they are sort of the norm on phones now, but who wants to carry around another device with a shoddy poor quality camera on it around with them?
  4. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They should do something more important than add a friggen camera. If you want a camera go out and buy a proper one.
  5. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    We don't need one on the iPod, it will probably be pretty bad quality, and you could probably by one with better quality for pretty cheep. I just see no point.
  6. Moonfire

Moonfire New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    While a still camera doesn't have that much of a need, I would think a video camera would be great for video chatting.
  7. Dónde?

Dónde? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    5MP camera on the next iPhone....
  8. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To be honest, I would think that if they were going to upgrade the camera it would need to be more than 5MP. The visible difference between the current camera and a 5MP would be negligible.

With mobile phone cameras now regularly and routinely having 8MP+ cameras, any update would need to at least match that.

I dont think that there is really that much further that the iPhone can go hardware wise in terms of tangible user beneifts...is there really anything else that people could need in a phone?
    I personally think the way forward for the phone would be a continuation of the 3gS update...faster processors, and maybe even better battery life etc.

Another important part of this will be that Apple will not want the iPhone to "step on the toes" of the iPad. Ideally they would want you to own both, so they will not want to add features that would stop people wanting the iPad aswell as the iPhone.