MxTube and YourTube

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by maidenjapan, Sep 9, 2009.

1. maidenjapan

maidenjapan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently got YourTube to replace MxTube but I'm kind of disappointed for one reason. In MxTube, the downloads continue, even if you're not in the program. With YourTube, not only does it not continue, but it interrupts the download and it begins downloading the entire thing again once you open the YouTube app again.

Is this normal behaviour? This may be the one thing that might make me stick with MxTube, despite the money I spent on YourTube. Are there any plans to remedy this, or is it simply impossible to change due to the way the iPod deals with the YouTube app being closed?

Thanks in advance for any info.
  2. tripdastati0n

tripdastati0n Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've used both. same crap..
  3. Rockinryguy

Rockinryguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Background it
  4. maidenjapan

maidenjapan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow, i had no idea there was an app for that. thanks for the heads up, installing it now. i'm surprised it isn't mentioned in most "best cydia apps" topics.
  5. PebblesTiger

PebblesTiger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Backgrounder is a great app though. I use it alot, you can use it on Pandora and those types of apps too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    You can use Backgrounder to let YourTube continuing downloading. I just like YourTube A LOT MORE cause everything is in the YouTube. And It blends in with everything and has its own icon. MxTube is a completely different app but has the same functionality, but I just like YourTube better cause its one app less on the home screen.
  7. Indulgeo

Indulgeo Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the videos download very quickly for me, only a couple seconds. i like how yourtube has it so well integrated.
  8. azidhsu

azidhsu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i removed yourtube and downloaded it again because the fact that i can't add all video to ipod library in one go, but still had the same problem. thats not the case i've forgotten to edit back the tabs on youtube and left me to only 4 category at the bottom instead of five, is there a chance to fix this?