MW2 noob! please help!

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by iPwn, May 18, 2010.

1. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Ok I'm a noob at MW2. I'm at level 32, and my kill to death ratio is around 0.25 (LOL horrible).

1. I dont noob tube, i only use rockets/grenade launchers against UAVs and harriers.
    2. I use a SCAR-H Bling (FMJ+ACOG sight), with a SPAS-12 Red Dot sight (or sometimes an AT4-HS)
    3. I use Bling Pro, cold-Blooded Pro, Scrambler Pro perks

I really suck. Can you guys give me some tips to help me improve? I play on Windows 7.
  2. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Seeing as you already have a SCAR setup, you probably won't mind this:

-SCAR-H w/Red Dot or Extended Mags
    AA12 w/Extended Mags or Magnum Akimbo

Scavenger
    Stopping Power
    Ninja
    (all Pro)

Tar21 Silenced
    Stinger

Scavenger
    Stopping Power/Cold Blooded Pro
    Ninja

Claymores are the way to go. And whatever you do, play smart and defend, don't just rush into their spawns.

Killstreaks: Pred, Harrier, AC-130 or Chopper Gunner
  3. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try the RPD or the AUG. With Stopping Power pro and Sleight of hand Pro with Ninja Pro.
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you are adament on rushing, try using either my "BUFF COMMANDO" class or my "BIG BONER" class.

BUFF COMMANDO:
    UMP.45 Silenced
    Any pistol with Tactial Knife
    Stuns
    Semtex
    Marathon
    Lightweight
    Commando

Switch to your pistol first, and run around knifing people.

BIG BONER
    MP5K FMJ
    SPAS-12 Extended Mags, because extended mags are awesomesauce.
    Stuns
    Semtex
    Slight of Hand Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Ninja Pro

Used in the right situations, this class will dominate close-medium range.

As for tactics, go watch some of the well known commentators on Youtube and incorporate some of their tactics and strategies into your gameplay. Now, I don't expect you to go out and get an xcalizorz level score every game, but you should get up there. I suggest watching Tejb, Blame Truth, and Hutch to start off. Once you get good, start watching xcalizorz. I fully believe that he is the best call of duty player I've seen on YouTube as of now. Oh, also, don't watch WingsofRedemption. He's a camping K/D whore.

If you want to get really tactical, go watch nextgentactics, both on nextgentactics.com, and YouTube. They have tactics for each map, game mode, etc.

Also, learn the gun stats. For example, the grenades have a blast radius the blast size of a shipping container. It may not kill them within that radius, but you will injure them, letting you know someone is there. For those stats, go to denkirson.xanga.com.

Also, don't get too c*cky with your killstreak rewards. Don't go and put on Harrier, Chopper Gunner, and Nuke if you know you won't be able to get a 7 killstreak on your own. Start low, and move up to the larger ones as you get better.

Extra bonus tip of the day: don't aim down the sight of a shotgun. Ever. It actually widens your spread, meaning less OHK.

BTW, I typed this on my iPhone on the way to school, so if there are grammatical/spelling errors, I apologize.
  5. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    My best killstreak is 8, but I got really lucky while camping in the back of the airplane (over by the explosive barrels) in Terminal.
  6. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yea, so, as I said before, equip low killstreaks. Don't go up to 11 or 25 yet. Try UAV, Counter UAV, and Predator Missile. You would be surprised about how you knowing where the enemy is and them having theirs fuzzy will help. Plus, the Predator puts a nice little reward at the end for you.
  7. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you has quick trigga finga, uze da fal wit da spaz twelv gage,
  8. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Scar H-Silencer
    Spas 12-Grip
    Stun Grenades
    Semtex

Perks
    -Scavenger
    -Stopping Power
    -Ninja Pro
  9. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Grip is useless on spas, it only reduces vertical recoil, which occurs in the semi and auto shottys, it doesnt affect the spread of the shot or anything
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just use different weapons and perks until you find what works for you.

I used to suck sooooo much. Now I'm going positive in most TDM games I play. Just keep playing and you'll get better. Just learn which paths people commonly use and flank them. Easy kills.