Music

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nickswitz, Aug 29, 2010.

1. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My iPad has the exact same amount of music as my iPod touch, but is using exactly double what my iPod touch is using. I don't know why this is happening, and I have made sure that there are no duplicates, but it's weird that it is exactly twice as much space taken up as what is on my iPod touch, and since I only have a 32 GB, not small, but soon will be full, I'm wondering if there is any way to make it so that it isn't taking up so much space.
  2. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restore and resync your music?
  3. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does anyone who has both an iPod touch and iPad besides me notice this at all?
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try resyncing your music? I've got all of the music on my iPad converted to 128 kbps so it takes up less space.
  5. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, I have it set that way too. What Im really wondering is, does the iPad music usually take up twice what the iPod touch music will?
  6. bondr006

bondr006 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I have the same amount of music on both devices and the capacity for both is pretty close as you can see in the screen shots.

Edit: Are you sure that the music is really taking up twice as much space. As you can see on miy screen shots it appears that the music is taking up twice as much space....but the scale is just different because the iPad has half the capacity. If you look at the actual capacity numbers for the music on each one....they are very close. 6.28Gb and 6.63GB.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, I would expect it to take up maybe a little more, but on my iPod I have 6. Something gigs and on my iPad 12. Something... It's weird
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, I set my iPad up to resync everything onto it overnight, I wonder how long it'll take to synce 1700 songs? I hope it's done by morning...