Music/Youtube/Videos Don't Play

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by FamousLastMCRmy, May 16, 2008.

1. FamousLastMCRmy

FamousLastMCRmy New Member

So I thought all had gone fine when I finally got this method to work today to jailbreak and get up and running on 1.1.4. Unfortunately, whenever I go to play music, the song never actually starts playing and the progress bar won't move. Videos both on the iPod and on Youtube just give me an error saying the movie can't be played. Anyone know how to fix this?
  2. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

This sounds like another setuid'ed Installer permissions problem. I think the easiest way is to restore (you can use whatever custom IPSW you made last time). This time, don't open Installer right away! First, go into Contacts and type some stuff. Then, sync some songs onto your iPod and play some music. Only after that is successfully done should you go anywhere near Installer.

I gave a full explanation for why this happens and why this is necessarily in another post.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Go into settings and reset all settings before you do anything drastic.
  4. Topsy-Turvy

Topsy-Turvy New Member

Hi guys. I just joined the forum.

Same problem here as FamousLastMCRmy. I don't want to restore because I spent several hours yesterday jailbreaking, installing, syncing (32GB), etc. I had everything perfect, when I went to play a song and nothing.

Youtube, Videos, or even inside Hidepod display "The movie could not be played" when I try to watch anything

Music will show a "play icon" in the status bar, but no sound. I can touch the "play button" and it will change to a "pause", but then if touched again, it will not go back to the "play icon" unless I choose another song etc. Same thing with audiobooks...

A little history: I restored touch & synced yesterday then jailbrok with ziphone...

Installed about 40 programs. Ran the Bosstool app mover.

Did the "STUPID" ssh password change through /etc and got the springboard loop. Fixed that by restoring the passwd & master.passwd files in /etc.

Ipod syncs OK and I tried new music/videos but same thing with new stuff.

Any ideas? Thanks!
  5. Topsy-Turvy

Topsy-Turvy New Member

jpga13

Thank-you!

I read your post, but was apprehensive to reset all settings... I just did it (as a last ditch thing), and you win the prize! Everything works fine on my touch! Yay, I don't have to restore/resync/reload!

Thanks again!

Please Register or Log in to view images