Music Won't Automatically Sync

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Slashmolder, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Slashmolder

Slashmolder New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For some reason I can't automatically sync music to my iPhone 4. It used to work fine but now after I deleted all my music for a while to make room for some movies it won't sync back again. I check the synnc music box, I even tried having it automatically sync only certain artists and it refuses to put music on my iPhone. There are no error messages or anything while syncing, I just don't get music.
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wow, that sucks. I'm assuming you've tried unchecking the box, resyncing, rechecking the box, resyncing again?
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Try what NitroBum said. Also make sure that iTunes recognizes that the files are actually there (sometimes it loses track of where the file is randomly). If you can play it, it's there.

You can also try to manually manage your music. Check the "Manually manage music" check box on your iPhone main tab. Also, you can put all the music you want synced into a playlist (any name you want it to have), then sync the playlist. Good luck...
  4. Slashmolder

Slashmolder New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've tried restoring my iPhone. Downgrading to iTunes 9. Checking and unchecking the box about 10x and resynching over and over. All my music is there and I'm able to copy it manually. Just a pain having to copy over all my music and finding that one song when I add it.
  5. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Well, you can ask Apple about it (I really can't help you FIX it further, sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

But I can help you deal with the problem. Create a playlist and name it (iPhone playlist is a good name). Place all the songs you want to in there. When you restore your iPhone or resyncing lost music, you have a list of songs to copy over. Just select all the music in the playlist and drag them over... that's the best I can alleviate the problem (I'm not Apple Technical support and have never seen this problem). The only way you can get an official fix is with Apple. Who knows, it might be your iPhone.