Music volume lower?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jorge999, Aug 6, 2010.

1. jorge999

jorge999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since jailbreaking my iPhone 4 with Comex' jailbreak I am experiencing volume problems while playing music both through headphones and over bluetooth. Basically, its not as loud as pre-jailbreak. I have both Sound Check and Volume Limit set to OFF in Settings and I'm finding I'm having to crank the volume right up to max in order to get sufficient volume. I'm using the same decent set of Ultimate Ears in-ear phones so that's not the issue either. I was actually thinking that the iPhone4 sound was superior to the 3GS but now I'm not so sure.

Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a Cydia tweak (obviously relevant to iOS4) to sort this out?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Find a good EQ in Settings.
  3. jorge999

jorge999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've tried that also - Loudness or Rock gives the sound I most listen but none of them boost the volume back to anything like the old levels.
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Play a song and choose an EQ. It doesn't mattar what type of music you listen too. I've got Rock music set to Bass Reducer EQ.
  5. jorge999

jorge999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have now tried every EQ setting on 4 different genres of music - no appreciable differences in volume, just the obvious differences in EQ. I read somewhere else that the new mic in the iPhone 4 with noise cancellation may have an effect but other than taping it up, which is hardly practical, no other solutions were found. Anyone else find this?
  6. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it's iOS 4 update..there is a website that explains the difference but I can't remember, try googling.

But basically, in older OS when you use bass booster it literally boosted the bass, but with the new iOS, they decrease the treble while maintaining same bass. Same thing with treble booster; in the newer iOS, bass would be decreased instead of treble being increased as the EQ might suggest.
  7. dannaz94

dannaz94 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeh i heard that around too. its bullsh*t that they just didnt leave it like it was in os 3.1
  8. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    a lot of people with high-end IEM prefer the new SQ of the iOS4 because it's more controlled. I can't comment since I've never heard iOS4 SQ, but I hate how we can't customize the ipod EQ.
    Yesterday I bought cowon d2+ for extended listening, and the SQ and EQ customization is unbelievable. Can't even compare to ipod touch