music & videos gone on ipod but iTunes still recognizes it..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by onyxd, Aug 26, 2008.

1. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this happened when i was almost on empty battery and the ipod hanged then i hard reset it..

it booted up just fine but now the songs and videos are gone...

this happened to me before so i thought the iTunesDB got messed up again... but to my surprise, itunes still recognizes the ipod (which does not supposed to happen when your DB is corrupted) and all my songs and videos are there.. they're still playable and all but they just dont show up on the ipod... i tried adding more songs and was succesful but it still shows that i have no songs on my ipod screen... i tried purchasing thru itunes on ipod but it failed on two songs.. maybe it cant add music directly or something...

i made a back-up of itunesdb and deleted the original.. i restarted then itunes made a new one and now categorizes all my files into large other (orange)... i restored the DB back up still back to the original problem.. songs show up on itunes but it doesnt on the ipod...

ANY SUGGESTIONS????? OR POSSIBLE CAUSE??? its like the app on the ipod cant read the itunesdb but itunes can...
  2. amc133

amc133 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im having the same problem
  3. badhodge10

badhodge10 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same problem here. i restored three times and the same thing keeps happening.
  4. Angelaaron

Angelaaron New Member

Same problem here. Go check one of the post.. 'cure' founded!!