Music/Videos crashes to Springboard. Respring/reboot won't work.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ivanwolf, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Ivanwolf

Ivanwolf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    (SOLVED) Videos won't show in library. Old video playlists won't delete, either.

Don't know what I did, but as far as I know, I did nothing.

Anytime I try to access Music or Videos on my jailbroken 3rd iPod Touch, it crashes to the Springboard. I've resprung and rebooted (with blackra1n) and nothing works. I've redownloaded CopyTrans Manager and Media Monkey and they still show the files in my iPod Touch.

However: CopyTrans doesn't show my huge list of video files anymore. It lists them as music files but not video files. I thought this issue was due to a possible bad video file I recently stuck into the iPod, but deleting that didn't solve anything.

I have done searching for my issue but seems there is nothing on this forum or other iPod forums that come close to this.

This really sucks as I'm currently visiting in the UK and am flying back the day after tomorrow. So, I have absolutely no access to my original music/video files.

EDIT: By some weird thing, the stuff no longer crashes (possible to me removing the one video file that was last input that could've corrupted something). However, still a problem ensues...

Now that stuff DOESN'T crash to the springboard, it only shows my music and one movie file. The rest of my video files have been kinda wiped out. It'll play my other video files (that can only be found in my Music section) only as audio, no video.

WTF?

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT #2: Well, I was able to get the video files back onto the PC. However, trying to put 'em back into the iPod doesn't do anything. The iPod Videos library doesn't show the new videos. And, the Music library still shows the old playlists from my old setup. And, they can't be deleted (I've tried with CopyTrans Manager). Not sure what happened.

--------------------i
    Not sure what happened, but using one of three programs (CopyTrans Manager, and Media Monkey), something ended up doing something to the iPod and got rid of the "imaginary" playlists and now importing video files doesn't remove the other stuff.

Time to call it a night.
  2. SirZyrion

SirZyrion New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm having this exact same problem after I tried to remove a good copy of Hanc*ck from my iPod Touch (1G)!
  3. Ivanwolf

Ivanwolf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I found the solution. I went back to the video file that was last to be loaded and removed it. Then, I used SharePod to recover my video files and reupload them. Everything came out fine.