Music/Video Not Uploading to iTunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by gadget69, Apr 19, 2009.

1. gadget69

gadget69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I tried uploading a full album "add folder to library" so I could create a music play list. For some reason it wont upload to the library. I'm also having an issue with a movie that wont upload to the library either. I do have a 1/2 a dozen play lists for music already created and about 4 movies synced and functioning perfectly. Any help?
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Make sure songs are not WMA, if they're not, just drag and drop the folder(s) into iTunes.
    For videos, they must be in MP4 format for iTunes to read them.
  3. gadget69

gadget69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Its mp3 for the music. Its a Chris Rock cd I want to listen to next weekend and it wont add to my library. I tired the "drag and drop" and it still didnt work.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

That's ODD, try reinstalling iTunes.
  5. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    you can drag it in any format and itunes will convert it and for the movies itunes reads formats other than mp4. if you want it on your ipod you have to convert it to mp4 which itunes does if you highlight it and go to advanced (i think) on the top.

yea i had the same problem with a movie. try converting it to mp4 then dragging it into itunes. for the songs i dont know what to tell you. try converting them to different formats.
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

As far as i know, iTunes doesn't do convert anymore, and it never did for videos, they have to either MP4 or MOV i think.
  7. gadget69

gadget69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The movie is mp4, I've already put 5 movies on with success. I'll try converting the audio and see what happens.

What do I need to do for a reinstall? I don't want to loose the play lists I've already completed.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I converted the mp3 to mp4 and it uploaded. Weird.