music transfers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kericksonrn, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Kericksonrn

Kericksonrn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi all

I am considering getting an ipod touch and have a few questions. Does all the music have to come from itunes?? I have lots of CDs that I would like to put on there and I also prefer to download my music elsewhere because it is cheaper. thanks for your help

Kris
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

no
    cd's are fine
    just import them
  3. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

Yes and no.

So far as I understand, the only program currently available to transfer music to your iPod is itunes (provided your iPod is not jailbroken). That being said, there is a difference between iTunes and the iTunes store. iTunes works as an application to control / sort / and play music / video / podcast files. iTunes store, which is built into iTunes, is an online marketplace where you can buy music, TV shows, videos, etc.

If you have music on CD's or that you have acquired in mp3 format elsewhere, (i.e. another website,) you can import that music into iTunes. iTunes will then register it as you having the music on your computer and you can transfer it to your iPod.

I should add, that if your primary purpose of the iPod is just music, you may be better off with a different iPod instead of the touch, or with a different mp3 player altogether. They come much cheaper than the touch. If you do want the added features of the touch, then I highly recommend it.
  4. Kericksonrn

Kericksonrn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    thanks for the quick answer. I don't want something that is just a music player. I like the idea of the internet and the games. the hospital I work has wifi so I will be set. I would love to get an iphone but the monthly fee is just to much money for me to spend.

again thanks!!
    Kris
  5. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    touch copy is a good program