Music there... BUT NOT THERE! Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by urikarun, May 5, 2008.

1. urikarun

urikarun New Member

I have a really bad issue with my iPod Tocuh! Thing is suddenly after unpluging my iPod it seems as if I don't have Music or Videos in the library.. Even though the used capacity its the same but now is listed as "Others" and I cannot see the files on the iPod or iTunes!

WHAT CAN I DO?!?!?
  2. ThatOneKid

ThatOneKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Do you have swaplibrary?
  3. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

yeah ... that could be... or maybe if u try to remove the music and resync ...
  4. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

bro. this has happened to me COUNTLESS times. i am still not sure what caused it, but it hasn't really happened now that i am on 1.1.4, usually happened when i was on 1.1.2. i figured out that an easy fix is to delete the music files that are in the ipod now listed as other by sshing into the ipod and deleting the music in the Itunes_Control folder in media. then you can just re-add it from itunes without having to restore
  5. urikarun

urikarun New Member

Well..

I have Swaplibrary but I have Switched both libraries a million times and both are empty!
  6. urikarun

urikarun New Member

Sad thng is that that is my only music backup...! And is tons of music I cannot download again!
    1 person likes this.
  7. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

then use the "usb ssh" and extract the Itunes_control music folder before you delete it, then just add all of it as a new folder to itunes, yes it will take a while and there will be some missing artwork and album info and stuff, but you will keep all your music and be able to save it
  8. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

mmmm try iphone pc suit... hopefully that helps taking ur music out of the ipod into ur computer