music syncing on 3.0! please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by dontbotherkids, Jul 1, 2009.

1. dontbotherkids

dontbotherkids New Member

shortly after upgrading to 3.0, my music wont sync to my ipod touch. it will go through the process of syncing and it acts as if it is loading all my songs onto my my ipod, but then at the end of the syncing process i get an error (13001) and it tells me there is a syncing error. when i look at the settings, it shows that my ipod has stored all the songs, because there is 14 Gb of data, but my music just says no content.

i have reset the ipod, reset settings, restored the ipod, deleted and re-downloaded itunes, and im wondering if i just need to downgrade back to the lastest 2.x.x version.

please help!
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hmmm, yours seems to be quite a strange problem... It could be something to do with the 3.0 firmware but when you were using the 2.2.1, did such an issue ever crop up or not?
  3. DJT

DJT New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had the EXACT same problem, and later I found out it was my computer. If you have restore CD's or a system restore available, I would suggest it because I recently got a new laptop and on my first try it synced perfectly.
  4. dontbotherkids

no, this started happening right after updating to 3.0.
  5. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    restore back to 2.2.1 then delete the 3.0 ipsw. plug back into itunes and restore.
    select NO BACKUP and NEW IPOD AFTER. you will lose everything in the touch and will need to set it all back up. but this seems to eliminate most of these weird issues.

also try switching USB ports after a reboot
  6. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    That is weird. I had that problem before but just plugging my ipod back in fixed it. I have no ideas.
  7. dontbotherkids

I think this is my best option. I just really don't want to lose all my info. Thanks for the advice. In the future, I won't download an update untill after about a month of it coming out.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so here is the thing. i did a full system restore on the ipod and i didnt load the backup. i just set it up as a new ipod. it then synced my music with no problems. after syncing my music i saw no error message. then i plugged it back in and tried to sync my podcasts and i got the same error again, but my music is still there. all i can say is, at least i now have my music, but i still have error 13001. im going to call apple today and see whats up.
  8. dontbotherkids

i was on the apple discussion board and someone suggested turning off antivirus. it worked. i can sync now when my antivirus is turned off. try this for syncing errors on 3.0 and maybe it will work.
  9. xenorecor

xenorecor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or maybe just add an exception into the antivirus software so you dont have to constantly turn it on and off.
  10. dontbotherkids

=\ or that too