Music Subscirtion services(ipod compatible)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dude19, Dec 2, 2007.

1. dude19

dude19 Banned

does anyone know any ipod compatible music services, like how napster let you get acess to unlimited songs for 9.95 , something like that but ipod format ? cause i really dont have money rite now (plus im 14 cant get a job plus if i did it would be community service hours) and no it doesnt snow in california so i cant plow snow or what ever you do on the east coast when theres snow. so im lookin for a cheap service... it doesnt have to be like unprotected it can have drm or it can be like a rental service(like for zune music i believe) or whatever but i wanna be able to put the music on my ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

thank you
  2. h1tman

h1tman Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i pay 14.99 a month for the zune pass and use tunebite to record the songs i downloaded it is 100% legal and then when its done i transfer the songs to itunes and the best part is that you keep the songs forever
  3. dude19

dude19 Banned

wait with the zune subscribtion you get as much as you want for 14.99 ...but you do know that removing the drm ( well ive used tunebite it just re records the song) but i dont wanna buy tunebite over the internet (at least my mom doesnt she got her creit card numbers stolen before) i think j hymn will ir fairuse will remove it also? right
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Unless Apple creates one, I doubt you'll see a subscription for the iPod. Problem is the music store you work with and the iPod have to be able to sync their DRM, so that if you end your subscription you lose all your music. Stores like Napster, Rhapsody, etc. are not using a compatible DRM - probably because Apple won't open theirs up.

As for the suggestion from h1tman, no that's not legal. At least not in the U.S. -- you don't legally own those songs and removing the DRM is against the law per the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). I'm not saying DMCA's right before anyone asks, but it is the law. If you're doing that, you might as well just pull up Limewire or something...
  5. dude19

dude19 Banned

but people were saying if you buy like the subscription like from napster some of them give you the option to burn the file so if i burned the songs the re ripped them to mp3 file format that would technically work right , and be legal