Music - sorting by year not available?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hotconductor, Aug 6, 2009.

1. hotconductor

hotconductor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently moved from a 160gb ipod classic (loved it) to a brand new ipod touch 32gb (current generation, whatever that might be). I have not jailbroken it yet, and I am still debating the benefits. Yes, I have searched the forums prior to posting. =)

When playing music I am able to sort by genre, artist, albums, songs, podcasts, etc... but not by year. How can I sort by year?

I don't want to make custom playlists for every year, and have to continually manually update them as I expand my collection. I think sorting by year is a pretty basic function that I had with my classic, and should be a given with the touch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry to say it but... It cant be done with the ipod touch. It sucks that apple left out a great function that other ipods have built in. No sorting by year or fave, or played the most and the on the go playlist sucks b/c you can only make one at a time. And to save it you need to sync it with a computer. Just seems a bit lazzy for apple to leave out one thing that the ipod toich should had considering that it IS a mp3 player. Althoughbi guess its just somthing that has to be over looked. It does so much more then your average music player.
    Jailbreak. Its so worth it. And if anything goes wrong. Its easly fixed with a restore. Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. hotconductor

hotconductor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you for the kind reply. This is very disappointing but I think I'll live.

Quick question: What happens to the App store after jailbreaking? Can you still download new apps or are you locked out? What about my current apps n music? In otherwords, does jailbreaking require a reformatting of the harddrive.

I see a bunch of tutorials and admittedly I'm a bit baffled by which to use. Pwned vs. Redsn0w... Any suggestions?

Is there a ******* tracker out there just for ipod touch users?

If this is inappropriate to ask in this section then I understand. I am not lazy and will gladly do a search, but I'd rather not spend hours and hours reading through every person's opinion if I can get a straightforward answer!

Thank you for your time!
  4. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well... Im not sure about jailbreaking iPhone OS 3.0 as im on 2.2. Every fermware release is always diferent in some way. So it would be a good idea to reserch on that subject. But you can jailbreak and keep everything. Itunes and the app store uses a id system and keeps trak of what you payed for. So youll never have to pay for them twice. After jailbracking just resync everything. And you can use the app store wile your ipod is jailbroken. All jailbreacking really does is installs some subsystem thing and installs cydia(or installer or icy) = there all like the app store. just not by apple.
    ....glad to help

Please Register or Log in to view images