Music Skipping

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arvinalove, Nov 1, 2007.

1. arvinalove

arvinalove New Member

your ipod skipping some parts while listening to music? sometimes when i listen to music it isnt gapless and skips. im not even touching it and it happens. and no, its not the songs that are messed up. any ideas on how to fix this? by the way how can i tell if my ipod is before or after week 37. thanks.
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

happens to me too. i dont care because it happens very rarely.
  3. arvinalove

arvinalove New Member

same. but still, if i brought it to apple i would have to wait a while before it skips and they would have to hear it skip. but i paid a sh*tload for the itouch and its awesome but its disappointing that it has this problem. at least i dont have dead pixels. anyway, anyone else having this problem?
  4. compygeek

compygeek New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This problem has been posted a number of times on the apple support forums. There seems to be a bug w/ the data transfer between iTunes and the iPod touch when using a USB port from the PC's motherboard (most symptoms occured on nForce chipset boards). I have had this problem and experienced it in both Vista and XP (Dual boot system). If you search the apple forums, the only temporary fix which seems to be working 100% is to connect the iTouch to a USB PCI card. I went out and bought one for 7 bucks, and it remedied the music skipping for me. My symptoms were random and rare, however they were there nonetheless. Now, music and video play fully and completely!!!!

I'm sure apple will release an update for either iTunes or the iPod firmware, but if you're jailbroken like me, you'd want the fix now seeing as it may take a while for 1.1.2 to get broke!!!
  5. arvinalove

arvinalove New Member

lolz thanks compygeek

Please Register or Log in to view images

but just of curiousity now, do you know how i can tell what week my ipod is? thanks.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Look at the fourth and fifth numbers on the serial number on the back of your ipod.
  7. arvinalove

arvinalove New Member

EDIT:i see now

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks
    mine is week 39. are they ok?
  8. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

there always has to be some bug with apple products and pcs
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not on purpose - there is a LOT more variety in the PC world (processors, chipsets, graphics adapters, sound adapters, drives, etc.) than in the Mac world. More variety, more possible configuration - more possible problems. Welcome to the wonderful world of PCs
  10. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

so true. i just wish things worked like they are supposed to. one can only dream