Music skipping unusually + weird multitasking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by faijufung, Jul 3, 2010.

1. faijufung

faijufung New Member

I have an unusual music problem where I happen to have music starting at unusual locations.. specifically where they were previously last played

So recently, I overhauled my ipod touch, as it was becoming too slow and cydia was constantly breaking down, stuff didn't work. However, the original computer which synced with it broke down.

I decided to back up all my music and pictures with 3rd party programs. Restoring did nothing to for my problems.

I then decided that if I keep wasting all this time, I might as well just start fresh, considering I still remembered how to do all the tweaks I did on it months ago. (optimization)

So I restored it as a new ipod, JBed it and the usual..
    I transferred my music over and heres the problem

PROBLEM: Say I have song#1,#2 and #3. I play 5 seconds of #1.. I dislike it.. go to next song #2.. play for 3 seconds.. on a second thought, I'd like to hear #1.. I go back.. the song continues playing at 5 seconds.. and if I decide to go back to #2.. it will continue from 3.. This has never happened before. It only started happening after I shoved new music from the ones I backed up onto the ipod touch. Any ideas? I've dug around, and it's not the fading off thing either.

And more recently, with multitasking on my ipod touch 2G.. I realized that I can never close programs anymore. I can access vids, mail, safari and music.. but they'll keep running.. hogging ram. Even when I kill it with sbsettings, they come back. Is there a way to disable multitasking on OS 4?

Thanks for all your help, I've tried a ton of other things,and nothing has worked.
  2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    You can multitask on your 2G?Are you using the 4.0 iOS or a third-party program like backgrounder for multitasking..?
  3. faijufung

faijufung New Member

Yeah I'm on iOS 4.. I've got the multitaskbar to see open applications and to end them..

EDIT: just removed multitasking.. battery percentage.. and wallpaper.. much faster
    However, I noticed something unusual that I don't remember seeing before in 3.1.2.. When I play music.. both music and video processes are running and when I kill video, the music doesn't work. Am I the only way?

My next solution I'm going to try is to just dump the non-backed up version of my music into the library.. any ideas?