music searching

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by carvalho360, Jan 5, 2008.

1. carvalho360

carvalho360 New Member

ive searched, but the word search comes up on way to many pages, so ill jus start this, is there any way/any application to get the search feature for your music on the touch. i have a lot of songs, and many start off with numbers or artists names instead of the song and having to find each one is a pain, if there is a way to do so please tell me
  2. benn1230

benn1230 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    This is one of those things I miss from my old ipod, but to my knowledge, a searching app doesn't exist... yet.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

No, there's no way to search on the Touch. The alpha slider is supposed to help mitigate its lack, but if you haven't groomed your ID3 tags properly then you're pretty much out of luck at the moment.
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

edit all of your id3 tags, so it is easier to find songs
  5. carvalho360

carvalho360 New Member

what is an id3 tag..and i started editing all the info from my songs..but i have 1300 and there all from "sources other than itunes" so there all like artist first and then song ortrack number then song.. kinda distorted if ya know what i mean
  6. benn1230

benn1230 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Id3 tags are basicly the collective information about an mp3 song (song title, artist , album, etc.) which you can edit manually or get automaticaly if you ripped a cd in itunes connected to the internet. In your case, i would try to right click a song, click convert id3 tags, and then check the box that says reverse unicode. This should, hopefully, put everything in its right place.
  7. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

Right Click the Song in Itunes, hit Get Info, Go to the Second Tab, and Edit the Tags there.