iOS 3.1 Music resuming from where I left off. REALLY ANNOYING, HULK ANGRY!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JackWH, Sep 20, 2009.

1. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is gonna sound absolutely RIDICULOUS when I find out this feature has been there from the start or whatever

Please Register or Log in to view images

If this has already been mentioned, SORRY! I searched. I found nothing relevant.

Maybe I just haven't noticed this at all, but, since upgrading to 3.1, my Music app has been doing funny resuming things.

For example, here's a demonstration:

1. I open up Track 2 of whatever album I am listening to. It plays from the beginning. I listen to 30 seconds of it.

2. I am then bored of the track, so I browse back to Track 1. I listen to Track 1 all the way through.

3. The iPod (which isn't on shuffle) then goes to the next track, Track 2, which is logical. However, it doesn't start playing it from the beginning. It resumes from 0:31, basically missing out all the intro and everything and sounding a little weird if I wasn't suspecting it.

Basically that's my problem. Does it make sense? I swear I'm such a n00b, sorry.

The thing is, when I'm listening to my entire library on Shuffle, I can quite happily listen to 3-4 songs, then, when the next song plays, it will simply start playing from the half way point (or wherever I last left it off). This is REALLY FRUSTRATING. Sometimes I just wish it would play from the start, as if I haven't heard the track for a few weeks it will piss me off when it just starts 10 seconds before the end or whatever!

I couldn't find any settings I could change to enable/disable this. sigh.

My apologies if this has been posted before.
  2. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can disable it via itunes.

right mouse click on the track. click info. then options. and it is somewhere down therer

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Cool, thanks for the info... Is this a new feature to iTunes 9 and Firmware 3.1? I have never noticed it before now...
  4. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

its old
    i tried it and didnt like it that much, but some ppl would die for it
  5. Octizzle

Octizzle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    this also happened to me
    select all your music in itunes
    right click
    go to get info>options>uncheck remember playback position
  6. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

I asked this same question, and was told it wasn't possible to turn it off >.>.