Music player problem! Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SlobOnMyPod, Jun 2, 2009.

1. SlobOnMyPod

SlobOnMyPod New Member

Okay, so I've recently come to find that I have a problem when opening my music app.

When I open my music player for tv first time, everything loads and works fine. But when I exit the player it closes & when I try to open it again it opens, shows the app open but it's blank, then it goes exits and goes back to my springboard.

The only solution I have found so far is if I respring the app works the first time I open it again. But once again the times after that it attemps to load then quits. A pretty annoying thing to do everytime..

At the time I discovered the problem the music player I was using was the mobile music player flip. So I deleted it trying to find the problem. After deleting it and ending up with my original music app and video app the problem continued yet this time I realized it did it with my video app too.

I'm stuck at this point. If anyone could help me solve it please do.
    Thank you.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Problem fixed, for any experiencing the same problem:

The problem was caused by the recent removal of the mobile music flip player app from cydia.
    Even after removing it didn't fix the problem.
    But, adding the SOSiPhone repository(shown under more package sources on cydia's home page) and downloading their version of the mobile music player flip fixed it.
  2. AKmike

AKmike New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was having this problem as well and think it is caused by the Pandora music controls app. After I updated to the newest version of Pandora music controls (when they stopped using Backgrounder) it started happening and after uninstalling it hasn't happened since (two days ago). Backgrounder is still installed and I just use that instead.

That Pandora thing is cool but seems to screw with a fundamental part of the ipod.... playing music. I still have the flip icon thing installed and I doubt it has anything to do with the problems

I hope this helps you.
  3. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a problem like this, Lets say I have an app open and I open music player (double click home, or the little white square..) I try to start a song and it takes the ipod like 15 seconds to actually start playing music...wierd right? Also, lets say song starts and I go back to the app i am using, if i open music menu to lets say switch the song, The song will switch instantly but like ten seconds after closing music menu the entire music player crashes...it is very annoying.....i am trying to uninstall pandora control see if that helps...

OKAY actualy updating Pandora appears to have fixed the problems I have been having

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Good thing I decided to do a search of "music player problem" before starting my own thread

Please Register or Log in to view images

. thanks