Music player loses audiobook bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Popup-ch, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Popup-ch

Popup-ch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use my iPod touch mainly for listening to audiobooks. They are all in .m4b mpeg-4 format, with the audio in AAC Low Complexity, VBR with various bitrates, mono or stereo (generated by FAAC).

With firmware 2.x it consistently saved the playback state of each file (although it often lost track of which was the most recently played file, when syncing with a PC.)

Now with 3.0, I have some audiobooks that save playback state, and some that don't! The files were generated the same way (I have a little script that converts mp3->m4b, and I haven't changed it), and I'm at a loss to figure out what the difference might be.

Any ideas?
  2. Popup-ch

Popup-ch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had an idea, and at first it looked like it only affected audiobooks that were on the device before migrating to 3.0. So I deleted all those, and transferred them again from my PC, but it didn't make any difference. I still have some audiobooks that retain place, and some that don't,with no discernible difference between the two sets.

Am I really the only one with this problem?
  3. katananz

katananz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe this is just a 3.0 bug that will be fixed in the next update, just wait and see
  4. Popup-ch

Popup-ch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It does indeed seem to be much improved in 3.1.1.