Music Pauses Randomly when in Safari!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TSOnTheDrums8892, Oct 5, 2007.

1. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Music Pausing Randomly While browsing in Safari: I know i've seen this issue brought up somewhere before, but i cant figure out where, so sorry for bringing it up again. But i would like to know if I should have it exchanged, because it really gets annoying because it seems to be happening more frequently. And if i double click the home button (to bring up controls), then hit play, the music doesn't resume, it just does nothing. It's very irritating and i'm wondering If i should bring back to best buy and get one at circuit city instead (strictly because its closer to where i live and if i have any more problems it would be easier to exchange). Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance

Ty
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

mine does that too. it isnt that often though. every like 10 min is pauses for a second.
  3. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

mine does it, but it is because the music player program crashes. i have to re enter music and then select my song again. i thought 1.1.1 would fix this...
  4. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah... that's exactly it... i have to reenter the music section and reselect a song.... JUST to have it happen again in TWO minutes. It really stinks and i'm wondering if i should exchange, but then again who says they're all not like that....

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. badapple18

badapple18 New Member

re-boot

mine did it when i first got it in the first day of the pre-release. anoyed me but then i realized it is like a computer that sometimes just needs a reboot. i held the top button down until it said to turn off then i re-booted and presto problem solved.
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    uh... ever think maybe its a buffering issue?
  7. centplyr

centplyr Member

since we all are agreeing here..lol

mine does it too!

it only happens when i have like 3-5 web pages out at the same time.

or it happens when ive had the touch on for a LONG time and when its been on a long time it just crashes like every five sec so then i have to turn it off and reboot!

:-/
  8. centplyr

centplyr Member

Oh and btw..

the thing is you shouldnt have to reboot... Apple usually has flawless products but in this case the touch isn't so flawless.

However i'm confident that an update is in the works that should fix all if not most of the crashing/buffering errors.
  9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

wow, since when has apple ever had a flawless product, my MBP has an issue where the dock freezes when i launch dashboard, and have to "killall Dock" to get 'er goin again.

im sure it is an issue due to a lack of ram, it happens when im viewing 2 large blogs at a time, engadget and gizmodo.
  10. Brendin

Brendin New Member

this is NORMAL, what is happening: the ipod is like a computer, it has a cpu(412 mhz), ram(128MB i think) and harddrive(memory (8,16,32gb)), wen you multi task like that it starts to slow down but apple doesnt want to have their device go slow and appear to be a piece of sh*t, so when it runs out of memory it has to quit one of the tasks that are running instead of the one ur useing (safari) it quits mobilemusicplayer (music/videos)