Music or podcasts randomly stop playing while browsing the web

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fury, Oct 11, 2007.

1. fury

fury New Member

So, one of my favorite things to do with it is to browse the web while listening to music or a podcast. Incidentally, I have a lot of podcasts that I downloaded a while ago but just never bothered to listen to them because I'd keep reformatting my computers when Windows crapped out and then I'd lose the iTunes library. Well I was playing around with it again after getting the iPod and found actually I still had them all. Once I logged back on to iTunes and moved my hidden library back into the folder iTunes was looking in, it picked them all back up.

I have been listening to them as much as possible with my iPod touch to get rid of them. However, I find it seems to stop playing randomly when I am browsing the web. Sometimes when I'm typing. But mostly just at random. Is this a known issue or is my iPod touch bugged? Is it worth a shot to reformat the iPod or will that even matter if I am only going to install the very same firmware version and load the same content?

For what it's worth, all it takes to start it back up is switching to the music or podcast section and tap the one I'd just been listening to.
  2. fury

fury New Member

I don't know if this is related for sure - could be a coincidence - but it seems everytime this happens another podcast is marked unheard. Not the one that was just playing, though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. corkboy

corkboy New Member

same one here.
    in my case, music stops when the web page is changed or a new window pops up!
  4. fury

fury New Member

Thankfully, luckily, it doesn't happen to me that often, or I think I'd go nuts!