Music/movies show as "other" in Itunes and no show on Itouch!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by biketrike, Dec 16, 2008.

1. biketrike

biketrike New Member

Ok here is my problem. Today I added songs to my Itouch (2nd Gen 32gig), put it in my gym bag and went to the gym, no problems. I get home tonight and go to use my touch and boom all my music and movies are gone. I plug it in to my laptop and open itunes. On the "Summary" tab where it breaks down the how much space audio/photos/apps all use, under "other" it says 22gigs used. That was the originally how much space I had taken up with my music and movies. One thing is I still have all my pictures that I had on the touch. Question is why is my music and movies showing up under "other" in itunes and a no show on the touch?
  2. Spironic

Spironic New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is the iPod jailbroken? Do you have a library swapper app?

If not, sounds like it's just a really bad glitch.. I've never heard of it happening before, though. If it's not jailbroken, you'll have to restore with iTunes. If it is jailbroken, you can SSH in, and may be able to move the files back where they need to be.

EDIT: Aghh...I really need to check the dates on the topics I find through Google. Somehow I assumed it wasn't ancient since no one had replied to it yet...