Music Loss

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Morbodis, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Morbodis

Morbodis New Member

Im at my fathers right now, and i have the installer icon ready to go on my 1.11 Ipod touch... thing is, i dont have all my music here, its on my ipod, but my fathers the only person i know with WiFi.

will running the installer and jailbreaking delete my music? if so is there anyway i can remove the installer icon from my home on the ipod touch. Thanks in advance guys
  2. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

im not quite sure what you mean.

so have you jailbroken your ipod yet or not?

If you have the installer app icon then you must have so im not sure what you are talking about running the installer and jailbreaking becuase you must already jailbroken.

Please Register or Log in to view images

can you please expalin in a little more detail,

cheers;

-ed
  3. eozoon

eozoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you have the installer icon on your ipod touch, it is already jailbroken.
    You won't lose your music unless you do a restore, and you shouldn't need to do any restore if you are just installing things via installer (pay attention to the infos, if it says "iphone only", don't install it)
  4. Morbodis

Morbodis New Member

to help verify;

I have the Installer icon on the home, but i havent run it yet, i stopped at that step.

Also im using http://spoonforknife.googlepages.com/ipodtouch which tells me to visit jailbreakme.com with the Ipod Touch

I could lose my music, as its at my mothers house, it just means ill be going a week or so without music on the ipod, and i do use it quite frequently
  5. airguitar901

airguitar901 New Member

If you have Installer, your iPod's successful jailbroken I believe.
  6. Morbodis

Morbodis New Member

7. allyhax

allyhax Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, as you have already completed the steps, the rest of that is just how to download things. All that can happen from now on is adding things, not deleting!
  8. Morbodis

Morbodis New Member

fantastic, thanks alot for the help ^.^
  9. TheFwump38

TheFwump38 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Clarification

Hello. I have not yet jailbroken my ipod yet I wish to do so. I have read through the guides and, seeing as I am running 1.1.2 on my ipod touch, I must restore the ipod to 1.1.1 first. Will this restore cause me to lose my music on my ipod?

(I understand that I'm not supposed to do a regular restore but the shift-click restore and point it to the 1.1.1 ipsw file off of apple)

Thanks- any help is appreciated!