Music KILLING my battery life!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agh2415, May 4, 2010.

1. agh2415

agh2415 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey all, I have a jailbroken 1g ipod touch with 3.1.1, refurbished roughly 3 months "old".

Problem is when i play music it absolutely kills my battery life, almost goes down 1% every minute. I've had this ipod jailbroken for 3 months with no problems until now, just out of the blue. Wifi, ssh, and all other background apps are off. I tried playing music with no headphones plugged in and the battery life is normal, as well as normal internet use with no music on.

Any ideas?? I'm out of warranty btw

edit: eq is off and volume at 50%
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    so the problem is with the music playing through the headphones right? not through the speaker? obviously if you actually have a 1g...
  3. agh2415

agh2415 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah it has no speaker. only when it's connected to something, i've tried 3 sets of headphones
  4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Really? Music is the only thing on my touch that actually never uses battery life. I have my volume higher than yours, and have EQ on hip hop but i put my brightness down to like 25% and turn off the auto brightness. Try that. I have days of music life out of my touch, but apps kill it. So i don't really know why you have issues, thats weird. Like i said, turn down your brightness. It will take some getting used to, but it will make your battery life great throughout your usage of anything.
  5. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats not good. I coudnt tell you what it is. But I have had my battery completely drain and shut down my ipod. For no reason. Actually its been happening more often. I use my ipod like normal, and when im done with whatever i was doing I shutdown all services and applications, refresh the memory and respring. My battery would be fine @ 70% or so. When i come back to my ipod and press the wake/sleep button. Its either at 2% or booting up with 2% battery.
    I find it strange, becuase it only happens when it feels like it wants to piss me off (it seems that way).
    It might just be that my ipod is getting old. Ive had it since Nov 2007.
    O-well time for an iPhone.